Period: 01 June 2019 – 15 May 2020
Place: Srinagar, Kashmir
Subject: Army HPCL Kashmir Super 30 (Medical)/Centre of Excellence
The second batch of Army HPCL Kashmir Super 30 (Medical)/Centre of Excellence is underway where 35 children (Boys) from disadvantaged backgrounds are being mentored for NEET and allied medical entrance examinations. It is yet again being ensured that the students are catered with the best of faculty, world-class infrastructure and fine nourishment which will usher in a fresh perspective in a child’s intellect and make it effortless to conform to a life and society which will correspond to their successful career on completion of the yearlong programme.
To transform the lives of 35 Kashmiri heroes, post some real diligence. They together joined hands and started up a facility in the heart of Srinagar to coach and mentor these 35 students, all of them coming from economically disadvantaged backgrounds for a period of one year for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), formerly the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT).
The fructification of the project was based primarily on the three project partners; whose envisaged detailed roles are as under in subsequent paras: –
- The Army – The association of the Army was restricted to providing basic accommodation, initial set up of the project, launch and subsequent overseeing and monitoring the progress of the project
- Corporate Partner – The project was run under CSR initiatives of Indian PSU, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) who have incorporated CSR initiatives in their policies and were willing to partner with the project. The funds were routed through Indian Army. The estimated requirement of funds was as under the following heads and were to be provided by the corporate partner.
- Selection Cost – to include travelling cost, advertisement, print & digital, setting up & printing of question papers and interview & counselling session.
- Initial Expenditure – to include dresses for children, furniture, bedding, crockery, cutlery, teaching aids, smart classrooms, kitchen, cook house, entire course content, stationary, library, recreational facilities and miscellaneous expenditure.
- Annual Running Expenditure – to include operational, manpower and administrative cost.
- Training partner (NIEDO) – Managed the entire centre, including academics, administration, fooding & lodging, mentoring and daily running. Was responsible for the management of the project and its execution.
All 35 students concentrating on study to crack the NEET.
NIEDO is Confident About Good outcomes as the internal test performance was beyond par by the Students .